Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The process of revision

The process of revision is a very long and sometimes stressful one. Whenever I first turn in a paper, I always feel like it is pretty decent but I know that there is always room for improvement. After turning in my paper, and getting the feedback, I can really see what I need to improve on. When it is time to go through the revision process, it can be very stressful. Sometimes I feel like, my first product was completely wrong and I will get the brilliant idea to completely re-write my whole paper. Clearly this is not the answer and makes the situation so much more stressful! All you really need to do is look at your very first product, and then look at the comments on the side of your paper. While keeping in mind that the comments are only constructive criticism and you don’t have to make those changes. They are only suggestions; however they are normally the right suggestions. I think the drafting process is a great process. Having many different revisions can really show how you have improved as a writer. I think that you cannot only revise a paper one time, and think you have the best product you can do. The more you revise, they better the product. When you come to the point of revision when you really don’t think it could improve anymore, you know you have reached the final product.  The revision process really does make a difference to me. I think that after I get comments back on my paper, I can than really submit my best product for that point and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment