Tuesday, October 26, 2010

If there was anything I could change about WSU, what would it be?

            If I could choose anything to change about Wright State University, I would give the university more major choices. I am currently going through a little phase and I don’t know what I want to major in anymore. As of right now I am a nursing intent, but I think I want to change to radiology, respiratory therapy or athletic training. Well Wright State only offers one of my possible options besides nursing and that is athletic training. When I look at all the majors WSU does offer, I can’t seem to find one that really interests me. However, I don’t think that WSU is really the problem; I would say it is me. It is really hard to know what you want to do the rest of your life, and I am just second guessing myself. I don’t want to transfer schools because overall I really like Wright State, but if I do decide to change my major I would have to transfer to a different school.
            Another thing that I might change at Wright State would be the academic advisors. They are very nice, but when you go there they only tell you what you already know. To me academic advisors are supposed to help you, and I have never been helped. I have only been told what I can’t do, and I think that is what is kind of helping me feel like I don’t want to do nursing anymore. If I am not mistaking, many students here at WSU have the same problem and most of them dislike their advisors. As I said before, they are very nice, but they don’t really help at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment