Sunday, October 10, 2010

Advertising As We Know It

Advertisements are everywhere we look, and they influence us on what products to purchase or what activities we should do. Unconsciously we pay attention to these ads that appear in newspapers, magazines and on billboards and on television. Just even seeing someone drinking a can of Mountain Dew is a form of advertising. Without advertising we would not know what the new and improved products are. I think that advertising is good to a certain extent. I think that once it starts controlling the way we think then we have a problem. Now days that is exactly what is happening. Whenever we are sitting on the couch watching t.v. and see the new sandwich that McDonalds is advertising and then the next time we go out, we stop at McDonalds to get that new sandwich. I know personally this has happened to me, one time I was craving ice cream and I didn’t have any at my apartment, and then I saw a commercial for Sonic and they were talking about ice cream; so I actually left my apartment and went to Sonic, just because of that commercial. The ice cream looked so good, that I had to leave and go get some. This is the control that I mentioned earlier, just because I seen a commercial I got up and left for Sonic just to get some ice cream. Advertisements influence us more than what we think and no matter what anyone says; everybody has been controlled at one point in their life by an advertisement that they saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment