Monday, November 1, 2010

If I could save one book, what would it be?

            If I were to save only one book for future generations I think I would do the same as Eli did; in The Book of Eli. Having the Bible would be the most important book in my personal opinion. There are many great books that have been created by people throughout the years, but having a Bible present would be the best one. If there were a total destruction of the world and it was remade with only one book surviving the Bible would be able to tell the future how everything started. Also if this was the only book to survive, then maybe people would want to read it and further understand everything. However I do not feel that the Bible would appeal to everybody, so it would be nice if maybe two books could be saved. In this case I would also save The Grapes of Wrath. This book is also about everything falling apart and then being rebuilt, but in a different way. Society took a downhill plunge when the stock market crashed and people lost a lot of their belongings and would do anything to survive; just like in The Book of Eli. Having the book The Grapes of Wrath people would still be able to see how the world is recreated, but in a completely different way. This book and the movie have two different stories to tell, but in a way they are all the same. My number one choice would be the Bible, but my second would be The Grapes of Wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment